What's in store for 2007?

In the Chinese Zodiac, most of 2007 will be under the Year of the Pig. For me, 2007 will be under the Year of the Finish Line. I end up picking up a swell one month idea every two weeks; imagine where that ends up in a couple of years. So this is my 2007 to-do" list:

Wrap up a Drupal development for Game-Boyz - Take a legacy system built many years back and drag in into the 21st Century: RSS, tagging, sophisticated CMS, flexible theming. It launched over the Christmas break. yay.

Wrap up a Drupal development for The CI - Take a legacy system built many years back and drag in into the 21st Century: RSS, tagging, sophisticated CMS, flexible theming. The reason I did the Game-Boyz design to was as a testbed for the CI work. The CI is maybe 10 times more complex-- hence why my day-job project isn't done, but my side-project is done.

The Halloween Alphabet Book - I have 23 of the 26 letters done in Sculpey. After that, I have to do a pass over them with a dremel, gloss and paint to fix little flaws. I have to do up the background effects. Then built sets, set the scenes and with the help of my talented wife, shoot 26 keeper images plus a cover, do some post-production CGI and take it to a publisher. If they act like jerks, then I will published it via Lulu.

Cthulhu Ornaments - These sculpey ornaments made a big splash last Christmas. So, as possible, I will make new ornaments. I learned from a friend that because of the age of the Cthulhu property, Lovecraft's work is now in the public domain. So, I am going to pay homage to this century's first cat-loving, bigotted, sickly, shut-in geek who was unappreciated in life: Howard Phillips Lovecraft. Maybe Alan Quartermane deeps to hitch a ride to Ry'leh from Captain Nemo. Damn.. now another idea....

Drupal 101: 101 Tips for Developing Drupal Sites - I have about 5-10% of a book done for how to make a Drupal driven site. I have seen two books on Drupal: one devoted a third of the book to the subject. The other one, from Packt, devotes the whole book, but I have to wonder why. The book I am pitching with be about 1/3 background/foundation information; 1/3 themes and 1/3 module development. After sufering the ass-clowns in tech publishing, this book has only one destination: Lulu.

Making Money Online 101: Tips for Making Money Online - This isn't a "get rich quick" book-- it's a "get some money from your surfing" book. We use the web to get rid of stuff we don't want to haul to the dump; we get deals off of the web; we get pin money out of things like Google Adsense and PayPerPost; we get swag for doing product reviews.

Scavenger of the Battle - The first sci-fi book I did sucks. So, I've taken the concept and started over. The plot points will remain intact: a war that doesn't exist; a conspiracy to hide the truth; some of the characters. More than that, the titular character is getting its own role. Three guesses where I intend on publishing this one when it's ready.

I have other ideas, but I would prefer to get the above items off of my to-do list first. Then we can see what else is possible in the Year of the Finish Line.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

These People LOVE Child Molesters

Why Etsy Sucks

John Anthony Bailey: The Sad Descent from "Sticks" to Dicks