Friday, November 28, 2008
Thursday, November 27, 2008
Monday, November 24, 2008
The carpetting and trim is still to come, but the upper trim upstairs is in place. Upstairs, we have to put a small cabinet in place along with trim and counter space in the kitchen space. I will be on the lookout for a thin piece of granite for a pastry working space. Then we will be on the return path for this renovation. Still to come over the next couple weeks:
- Putting flooring in the attic
- Taking two walls worth of crap to the dump
- Re-exposing a window in the workshop
- Putting a drain from the deck (purposefully) through the workshop
- Finishing a raised bed (and doing a dig down in the workshop)
- Bringing in a uPak's worth of stuff (help would be welcome)
- Bringing in a storage locker worth of stuff (it will require a cargo van to clear it out)
Tuesday, November 18, 2008
Friday, November 07, 2008
While most cats are renowned for having nine lives, these moggies are clearly living on a wing and a prayer.
The cute little devils began sprouting bumps on their backs, which later turned into wing-like growths, during a recent spell of hot weather in China's Sichuan province.
Cat owner Feng says her Tom cat grew wings after becoming stressed during the recent mating season
One cat owner, known only as Feng, claims her cat's wings are a result of stress after he was 'harassed' by females looking to mate.
'At first, they were just two bumps, but they started to grow quickly, and after a month there were two wings,' she told Huashang News.
'Many female cats in heat came to harass him, and then the wings started to grow.'
This moggie also has the wings which genetic experts say does not harm his quality of life
The harmless growths appeared during a recent spell of hot weather
And while she says her lovable Tom is no devil, his wings, which contain bones, make him look more like a 'cat angel'.
But genetic experts claim there is nothing angelic or magical about the condition, which doesn't hinder the cat's quality of life.
They say the wings can form through poor grooming, a genetic defect or a hereditary skin condition.
Sunday, November 02, 2008
- Staged a house for sale
- Strep Throat -- nothing like two weeks without sleep
- Found asbestos
- Bought a house -- some key details were botched
- Sold a house -- no key details were botched: I rode the deal like a horse.
- Found a surprise workshop
- Met new neighbours
- Tussled over a non-plussed moron who some mistake for being smart. He is the hallmark example of the difference between knowledge and wisdom.
- Tore out a flight of stairs
- Put in a flight of stairs
- I had a 40 hr. meeting
- Found out how to double the load speed of a Drupal site.
- I got an Alienware laptop
- Saw some great photos from India and Pakistan
- Dealt with server callioping (similar to but different from a server crash)
- Realized I may have spawned Sarah Palin 2.0
- Watched Steven Harper's musical chairs
- Dressed as a zombie
- Did barely any walking
- Drove to Nanaimo
- Drove back
- Took too few photos
- Shot no video
- Missed all of my favorite DVDs
- Got to see MST3K
- Chuckled each time "homeless" David Johnston got arrested
- Ate too much take-away (with a decent share of sushi)
- Almost burned a wardrobe in my backyard
- Picked apples
- Felt a re-kindled affection for CBC Radio
- Found a couch
- Found out that Urban Barn pads their delivery times
- Upgraded a gaming website then watched it rattle itself apart (doh!)
- Capped off the basics of a dating website
- Bought some nice cruel shoes