April Was A Busy Month

April 4th / 5th - Emptied our storage locker. We started filling it when Mitt Romney was the frontrunner for the Republican ticket-- Mitt... I don't why a German looking and sounding guy didn't get the nod. Germans and power go together like PB and J. At least I have my shorts back for this summer.
April 10th -
The crosshairs. In a 20 minute span:
  • unloaded the truck of sod. Kneel before Sod!
  • worked on the Yoga site. Namaste Motherfrakkers.
  • did a conference call
  • picked up helmets for a painting project. One of them had scuff marks from where the helmet did it's job (funny).
April 11th - Worked on the e-commerce for a Yoga site. If you doubt that offshore development is lousy, try editing some of it. We also separated that truck full of sod from its soil. What a fruitless and stupid venture-- but at least we made these awesome white trash potato planters out of tires and sod. Sod!
April 12th - Easter Sunday-- Kiddo's egg hunt followed by dinner at my Mom's. Lots of food, as usual. This time she didn't stubbornly continue cooking as she sometimes does.
April 18th - The garage sale. By NOT advertising with the Times-Colonist, but using signage and Facebook, we had a moron free garage sale. I am starting to get a real sense of the digital divide. There is a difficult irony in play: I hate computers and suspect the Internet; but I also have no interest in associating with the digital have-nots. By shunning old, dying media, we left out the idiots who usually show up. Maybe there should be an IQ test: "click a mouse to recieve your paycheque."
April 23rd - We had five yards of soil dumped in our driveway. That's a frakking huge amount of soil. Wifey and I moved it in less than two days. Thursday night we went to see the Killers. I didn't participate in the herd mentality-- sorry, I'm the herder and that's hardwired.
April 25th
- A misguided tour up to Nanaimo in search of lawn ornaments. Part of the directions to the recycling plant destination were "near the Island Farms dairy farm by the incinerator"-- funny tip, as most of the farms with dairy cows supply Island Farms. We eventually found some at Jysk and I bought a prohibitively large number of them (they are sitting primed in the backyard).
April 26th - My birthday and the ensuing party. Happy birthday, Jet Li. Our galley-like kitchen proved to be a choke point between the front of the house and the rear. Yay. Of course, we're only going to be living here for approximately 4 years, 5 months and 11 days, so I can live with that. I still think the party house on 1886 Quamichan would have been awesome for, well, parties, but it was expensive, creaky and is still tied up in an estate tangle.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A-Morning Cancelled... again