I like my Cola Like My Clothes: Blak

Are you ready for Coca-Cola Blak?

Coca-Cola hopes to win new customers and boost its sagging soft drink revenues by adding fresh-brewed hot coffee to its product line. Last week, I was a grocery store I stood there agog at the variety change in the last 30 years. In 1976 there was Coke. Now there's Coke, C2, Diet Coke, Coke Zero, Vanilla Coke, Cherry Coke and some of these variety have caffeine free options. Why? Desperation.

From an AFP report: "We are working on a brand called Far Coast which is basically hot beverages. It's part of our innovation pipeline... It's hot teas, lattes, coffees."

Coke has leased a 4,000 square feet retail space in Toronto's tony Yorkville district for its first coffee shop, according to reports.

There they will test Far Coast's boldness against a dozen coffee chains, including five nearby Starbucks locations, a Second Cup, three Timothy's and two Tim Horton's, as well as several more specialty java joints.

Analysts say coffee is a small but growing category, soft drinks are in decline. For Coke to win over customers, it has to unveil an entirely different concept.

Move over Red Bull, here's comes Blak. Coca-Cola Blak, a coffee-infused drink, was introduced in the US this week after first being tested in France months earlier. What's weird? The test marketing of Coke Blak coincided with waves of rioting in France. Is there a link?

Comments

Unknown said…
OK. I love coffee. I like coke. But the idea of mixing them is making my stomach churn!! I can already see the review: "Coke Blah."

Popular posts from this blog

A-Morning Cancelled... again