Cue "Baby Elephant Walk..."

Mark Coreth came back from Africa and built a lifesize African bull elephant.
(whine)
From an armature, he built up chicken wire mesh, then a used polystyrene (e.g. Great Stuff foam) to build up its bulk, then coated it in plaster.
(whimper)
He now intends on selling it and has received bids in excess of $500k (Cdn.). This is dangerous for me, because I would do a sculpture like this, waterproof it and thread a garden hose up through the trunk, plug in another hose to the end that extends out the footer and-- voila!-- you have a lawn ornament that can spray into the air on command. Man... I'm only I could spend all my time sculpting... This has inspired me to pull out all of my bits of stuff (wood, chicken wire, etc.) and maybe turn into a single piece of work to accrete my clutter and have something to show for it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

These People LOVE Child Molesters

Why Etsy Sucks

John Anthony Bailey: The Sad Descent from "Sticks" to Dicks