Behold Cthulhu In All His Plastic Container Glory!

No Cthulhu. No!I have started a Project Diary on my part of the ThoseDeWolfes site. Over the course of the next few months. I am going to build a 6-8 foot tall sculpture of the Lovecraftian creature, Cthulhu.

Why Cthulhu? He looks cool. Lovecraft had some great ideas and some lousy ideas. If he were alive today, he'd like be a shut-in and a trekkie. Back in the 1910s and 1920s, he had to make up his own combination fo sci-fi and horror. As I am a shut-in and a geek, I guess I'm drawn to his work.

Why a sculpture? I love to sculpt. Because of space limitations, I haven't been able to work on anything large. An overhaul of the deck and a cheapness on my part (I ain't paying no junk man $30!) I thought this could be a wild project.

What am I using? I am recycling. We did an overhaul of our patio. We junked old wood. We had chunks of a BBQ. I had rolls of wire mesh. I have a lot of crap. Rather than throw it away, I am going to work it into a sculpture of Cthulhu perched upon a pedestal holding one arm to the heavens (see right). He'll be holding a surprise (stay tuned).

Over the course of the next few months, I am going to post updates: the travails, the materials used, the anecdotes. I will also post stuff on Youtube.

Keep watching the skies...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A-Morning Cancelled... again