Cthulhu Update

So, I have been experimenting with how to lay down the most optimal amount of foam. Because I am using a positive molding process (positive: material goes over a surface; negative: material goes into a mold), I have to contend with the material I lay down expanding in the wrong direction. The spray foam (e.g. Great Stuff) slowly and inexorably puffs in the direction of least resistence-- the air. When it sets it looks like a burn victim/bubble bath gone wrong. So, I started experimenting with corralling. The downside: it uses ALOT of duct tape. The upside: it does work.
I have to take a one week break from this project. When I resume, I will try experimenting with tin foil (it's not just for hats anymore) plus some duct tape. If it goes very well, I may write a long piece of sculpting with Great Stuff foam and post it to "So Very Helpful."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

These People LOVE Child Molesters

Why Etsy Sucks

John Anthony Bailey: The Sad Descent from "Sticks" to Dicks