Daylight Savings Is At An End

We have to fight this latest volley in the American Culture War on the rest of the world.
The Ontario government is considering falling in step with the U.S. Rather than follow the stupidity of Daylight Savings; or the uber stupidity of the Americans screwing around with the status quo, I have a different suggestion:
Abandon Daylight Savings
When it comes around this year, I will not heed their clock. I will keep to my own schedule. In 20 weeks (3360 hours), it will be 2:30 by my clock. The stupid premise came into being with the stroke of a pen. We can abandon it by simply refusing it.

During the phase-out period, make sure that you coordinate with others for meetings like this:
You: "What time do you have?" (1:30 PM - Real Time)
Them: "I make it, 12:30." (12:30 PM US Time)
You: "When did you want to meet?" (1:30 PM - Real Time)
Them: "Tomorrow at 2PM" (12:30 PM US Time)
You: "Fine, I'll see you at 2PM, your time" (1:30 PM - Real Time)

In the tourist trap of Victoria, this will not cause much upset. The Americans invade in summer. They show up in parkas. Telling them to wind their watches to the proper time will not be much of an affair.

If you show up at a business that is running on US Time, leave them a PostIt note:
"Sorry I missed you. I thought you were running your hours in Real Time."

Expect a website and t-shirts in a couple of weeks. :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A-Morning Cancelled... again