Dear Victoria

The City of Victoria is good at making the city a tourist mecca. One of their greatest feats is pushing undesirables out of their downtown and into our neighbourhood. Junkies use our park to shoot up. They like to drop by our townhouse complex as well.

While the mayor used to be able to reached via mayor@city.victoria.bc.ca, they have since changed the point of contact on the website to a web form.

There is also a general inquiries form. And this is a link to the police's mail form.

And, because they don't do anything unless urged to do so, here is the news address of the "New" VI and the address for contacting the NewsGroup.

Comments

Mrs Robot said…
Unless something drastic's happened since I left town, downtown still has a way to go before it's cleared of "undesirables". I ear-bashed others about this while I was there, but man, I've never seen so many people living rough in my entire life. Seriously. When people ask me about my time in Canada, I find myself discussing this very matter within minutes.
Tim Bailey said…
The problem downtown is acute. It's also getting worse in the zone outside the downtown core (such as Mike's neighbourhood) which often becomes a junkie bedroom community of sorts. Victoria's leaders are simply way out of their depth. They act like they're the steering committee for some community festival.
Mrs Robot said…
OK, I finally sent the "Shame, Victoria, shame!" letter I've been meaning to write since I first landed there. Thanks for the link, Mike.
Shawn DeWolfe said…
Suzette: That's excellent. After going to Tim Horton's last night, to find they bar access to the bathroom because of the risk that junkies will use them pissed me off to no end.
I'm sorry. If we took the same approach to other crimes as they did to drugs, the City and VIHA would issue two helpful pamphlets:
- "Don't Run, You're Only Making It Harder": a guide to being murdered.
- "Keep Quiet and Take It": a kid's guide to being molested.

When did a junkie using an illegal substance, trespassing and committing crimes to keep his habit going become the focus of so much sympathy? They're criminals. If they get a free pass, I want a free pass too.

Maybe it's time we show compassion to Karla Homolka for her compulsion to murder girls? Maybe we should throw open the doors to the jails and give all these sad souls a hug and send them back into the world. Kumbia and a kiss on the cheek.

Popular posts from this blog

A-Morning Cancelled... again