Video Zombie

We wanted to look for new, cheap DVDs. We frequently hit the video stores for previously viewed copies. At my urging, Wifey and I went to Blockbuster Video. As luck would have it, they were awash in previously viewed copies. I counted 10 boxes of duplicates on the sales floor (each box probably had 80+ each). Wifey spotted The Corporation and I found a previously viewed copy of LOTR: The Two Towers. It was $20, so I put it back. I didn't need it.
We truck up to till with The Corporation and get ready to shell out for it. The Zombie behind the counter said, "All previously viewed DVDs are 2 for $24."
I was doubtful. Video clerks are stupid. They can't hack the frenzy of McDonald's or the rigors of web design. I asked, "All previously viewed?"
Zombie: "All previously viewed DVDs."
I nodded, walked over to where I put down Two Towers, picked it up and walked back.
I put it down and the Zombie said, "That one doesn't count."
"It's previously viewed?"
"Yes."
"Didn't you just say, 'All previously viewed DVDs are 2 for $24'?"
"Yeah, but that one doesn't count. I didn't know it was there. The computer wouldn't let sell it for that much."
Ah, the computer. Yep, it outsmarts her. So does the door, the can opener and that lump of sod by the park.
I said to Cheryl: "Do we need these?"
"No," she replied.
We left it there. We'll come back in a month or two for their going out-of-business sale.
Life moves pretty fast.

** UPDATE**
I complained to Blockbuster via their customer service website. The site promised a reply in 1 - 3 days. Eight days later: nada. Blockbuster = Assreek.

** UPDATE**

I am not the only one who thinks of zombie when they think of Blockbuster.

tags: blockbuster zombie DVD customer service

Comments

Mrs Robot said…
Oh, be fair, "all" is a purdy sophisticated word, an' we don' everyone have your hoity-toity education. Bourgeois pig. ;)

Damn shame about missing out on The Corporation, though.
Falcon said…
You'll notice I'm not working the Video Store sceen anymore.

Popular posts from this blog

A-Morning Cancelled... again