I'm Taking Up Smoking

Twice tonight, I got subjected to two totally sick (not in a good way), anti-smoking commercials. The first has a pair of stop-motion animated figures. One of them finds a nest of dead rotting rats and comes out with one it her mouth. In the second ad, a cat comes into the living room, pukes up a hairball and one of the figures sticks it in her mouth.
I could mention the URL here, but I only paid attention so that I could do a WHOIS lookup. I found the registrar information (below). The company behind these crap-ass ads is a place called, "Sedgewick Road" They have an alternative way to do things. Ooh! Edgy! I'm sure these guys are familiar putting digusting things in the mouths of little doe-eyed figures.
What really pissed me off was KCPQ's first airtime: 6:30. My daughter is watching a cartoon, it breaks for an ad and this crap spills out. No only does it not warm me up to the anti-smoking movement: I am so pissed with this stupid ad that I going to post this and go up to the store for smokes. I am going smoke through a pack in protest. Tomorrow night, I am going to tape the same timeslot. I'm going to skip the show and pay attention to ads. I am going to boycott the ads that run in the same segment as this crap. Yes, I'll not buy their products, but I am also going to write those advertisers and tell them how I feel. And I'll do it all while enjoying the smooth flavour of a cigarette and its relaxing after effects.

If you felt the same way. You may want to get a headstart on the boycott of their tangentially associated clients:
WASHINGTON MUTUAL
SEATTLE REPERTORY THEATER
MARSHALL FIELD'S
SEATTLE ART MUSEUM
SEATTLE STORM
SEATTLE P.I.
W.S.D.O.H.: PREVENTION
CINEMA SEATTLE
W.S.D.O.H.: CESSATION
ARTS FUND
NINTENDO
REDHOOK ALE BREWERY

Organization:
Sedgwick Rd
Jay Laguzza
1741 First Avenue S.
Seattle, WA 98134
US
Phone: 206-971-4200
Email: jay.laguzza@sedgwickrd.com

Registrar Name....: Register.com
Registrar Whois...: whois.register.com
Registrar Homepage: http://www.register.com

Domain Name: AS*RAYMOUTH.COM

Created on..............: Thu, Jun 30, 2005
Expires on..............: Fri, Jun 30, 2006
Record last updated on..: Thu, Jun 30, 2005

Administrative Contact:
Sedgwick Rd
Jay Laguzza
1741 First Avenue S.
Seattle, WA 98134
US
Phone: 206-971-4200
Email: jay.laguzza@sedgwickrd.com

Technical Contact, Zone Contact:
Register.Com
Domain Registrar
575 8th Avenue - 11th Floor
New York, NY 10018
US
Phone: 902-749-2701
Fax..: 902-749-5429
Email: domain-registrar@register.com

Domain servers in listed order:

DNS23.REGISTER.COM 216.21.234.82
DNS24.REGISTER.COM 216.21.226.82

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A-Morning Cancelled... again