My Inner Geek

My inner geek-- what a misnomer. I do everything but wear a Star Trek T-Shirt. Today I catered to my inner geek.
We are going to the Victoria Toy Show next week to flog a bunch of our toys and collectibles: not the creme of the crop, not those that hold special memories. We're getting rid of the stuff we have either enjoyed and we're getting rid of; or we've lugged around and we're done carting them around. What sort of stuff are we shedding:
- Beatles figures (from McFarlane Toys)
- $6 Million Man figures (a beat-up Steve Austin; and a most of a Maskatron-- sorry I am keeping the vaunted Oscar Goldman)
- A lot of Star Wars toys
- Many comics: (highlights)
  • Incredible Hulk #110
  • Marvel Team-Up #53
  • Micronauts #11-40
  • ROM #17-18
  • Spider-Woman #37
  • Star Wars #42-63
  • X-Men #149-170

In digging into my comics, I rediscovered that I had parted with most of my X-Men comics. My nephew helped me sort through comic books. We went through the Hulk and the original appearance of Wolverine... I had it and sold it. Then I looked at the Wolverine mini-series: worth about $300 for mint copies. For the record, to buy them new would have cost $3-- a 1:100 increase. Sad.
While I tossed collectibles and I am about to do so again, I found that there two jewels in my comic book collection: Sam & Max Freelance Police (one of the funniest books out there); and Stig's Inferno by Ty Templeton. Ty Templeton went onto my radar a couple of weeks ago when he was flogging his work in the Simpson's comics-- namely a Hank Scorpio plotline. He is really excellent. If you don't believe me: he's published Stig's Inferno online! It's like getting Free Comic Book Day two weeks late.
If you'll excuse me: I'm off to play a night game of fizzball. And yes, I'll be aiming your direction...
Oh, and I've been watching the Trekkies documentaries. Good films about sad people. People like me. On a tangent, I found the original Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan script. I have come to the sad realization that this is my favorite film. Sorry, Orson.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

These People LOVE Child Molesters

Why Etsy Sucks

John Anthony Bailey: The Sad Descent from "Sticks" to Dicks